Red bin - rubbish
What can and cannot go in your red bin
All residents have either a 140 litre or 240 litre red lidded rubbish bin, collected weekly.
You can check your red bin collection day using our bin collection calendar.
For rubbish collection questions contact JR Richards on 1300 787 223
What can go in your red bin?
- household general waste
- plastic bags
- non-recyclable items
- nappies, pet waste, kitty litter
- foam, polystyrene (can be recycled for free at a Community Recycling Centre)
- light globes, mirrors, ceramics, cookware, drinking glasses
What cannot go in your red bin?
- no bricks, heavy timber or steel
- no paint, chemicals, liquids or motor oil
- no garden waste
- no medical waste or syringes
- number your bin to protect against loss or theft
- do not place items beside or on top of bin, or jam rubbish in as it may get stuck
- no not overload your bin, maximum weight is 60kg
- think of your red rubbish bin as a last resort – can you recycle, compost, donate or sell instead?
Where does your rubbish go?
The contents of your red rubbish bin are sent to the local landfill on Crescent Head Road. We should all do our best to reduce the amount of rubbish going to landfill.
Some of the potential environmental and public health issues related to landfill include:
- increasing management costs for the community
- loss of resources
- greenhouse gas emissions
- water contamination
- dust and odour issues
- noise issues
- land availability