About your bins
Bin sizes, repairs and replacements
The standard red rubbish bin for households is 140 litres. If you wish to request an additional red rubbish bin (at an additional cost), please contact Kempsey Shire Council's Customer First Centre on 6566 3200 or complete the online waste service application form below.
If your bin is damaged or goes missing please contact Council on 6566 3200 and follow their directions. Please allow up to three (3) working days from receipt of the completed online waste service application form for bin replacement, or for bin repairs to damaged bins.
Bin collection tips
- Place your bin out for collection the night before or no later than 6:00 am on collection day.
- Make sure there is a distance of at least half a metre between obstacles such as a pole or tree and your bin.
- Don't place your bin behind a parked car or other obstacles.
- Don't put lawn clippings/garden waste into your red rubbish or yellow recycling bins. Compost or use your green food and garden bin.
- Don't overload the bin. The lid should be fully closed.
All bins should be collected by 5:00 pm. If any of your bins are not collected please contact J R Richards and Sons on freecall 1300 787 223 as soon as possible.
Do the right thing
Any bins found to be overweight or highly contaminated will have information stickers placed on them informing the bin user of the problem. If warnings are ignored more than two (2) times, the bin may be removed from service. A fee or educational workshop will be applicable to re-instate the service.
Bin audits are carried out randomly to help Council understand waste behaviours and improve waste education.