Macleay Valley flood update #12
Media release - 9:45am 22 March 2017
Armidale Road landslip
The landslip on Armidale Road at Nook Creek Road has been cleared. The slip area is being monitored and assessed for stability and further action. At this stage only one lane is open and signage restricts traffic to one way alternating flow. Motorists travelling east will be required to give way to those travelling west. A 40km/h speed limit applies.
Roads affected by flooding
- Bellbrook, Toorooka, Temagog, Turners Flat and Sherwood Bridges are all open.
- Dungay Creek Road is open
- Gladstone Street, West Kempsey railway underpass is open
- Old Aerodrome Road is open
- Euroka Road is closed
- Saleyards Road is closed
- Maria River Road is open but there may be water over the road and the surface is very rough
There may be water over or adjacent to other roads - proceed with caution. Residents and visitors are urged to remain cautious on the roads for localised impacts and not attempt to drive through floodwaters or cross flooded bridges.
This will be the final update for this event. Further road or bridge information is available on the Roads/bridges status page of Council’s website.