Macleay Valley flood update #11
Media release - 5:00pm 21 March 2017
Armidale Road landslip
The landslip on Armidale Road at Nook Creek Road has been cleared sufficiently to allow traffic to pass. When the site is active traffic controllers will direct traffic. At other times signage will restrict traffic to one way alternating flow. Motorists travelling east will be required to give way to those travelling west. A 40km/h speed limit applies.
Roads affected by flooding
- Bellbrook, Toorooka, Temagog, Turners Flat and Sherwood Bridges are all open
- Dungay Creek Road is open but there is water over the causeway approx. 0.15m deep
- Gladstone Street, West Kempsey railway underpass is closed
- Old Aerodrome Road is open
- Euroka Road is closed
- Saleyards Road is closed
- Maria River Road is closed
There may be water over or adjacent to other roads - proceed with caution. Residents and visitors are urged to remain cautious on the roads for localised impacts and not attempt to drive through floodwaters or cross flooded bridges.
Next report will be issued by 10:00am on 22 March 2017