Macleay Valley flood update #10
Media release - 12:45pm 21 March 2017
Armidale Road landslip
The landslip on Armidale Road at Nook Creek Road has been cleared sufficiently to allow traffic to pass under traffic control. The road will remain open tonight with signage restricting traffic to one way alternating traffic flow. Motorists travelling east will be required to give way to those travelling west. A 40km/h speed limit applies.
Roads affected by flooding
- Bellbrook, Toorooka, Temagog, Turners Flat and Sherwood Bridges are all open and have been cleared of debris.
- Dungay Creek Road is open but there is water over the causeway approx. 0.15m deep
- Gladstone Street, West Kempsey railway underpass is closed
- Old Aerodrome Road is open
- Euroka Road is closed
- Saleyards Road is closed
- Maria River Road is closed
There may be water over or adjacent to other roads - proceed with caution.
Macleay River levels
River levels are falling and are no longer causing any significant issues. No further reports on river levels will be given.
Residents and visitors are urged to remain cautious on the roads for localised impacts and not attempt to drive through floodwaters or cross flooded bridges.
Next report will be issued by 6:00pm on 21 March 2017