Macleay Valley flood update #9
Media release - 6:55am 21 March 2017
Armidale Road closed by landslip
Armidale Road is closed at Nook Creek Road until further notice. A significant landslip has blocked the road and there is a risk of further slippage. Work is underway to clear the road but it is not expected to reopen to traffic until late today. There is no alternative route.
Roads affected by flooding
- Bellbrook, Toorooka, Temagog, Turners Flat and Sherwood Bridges should have all emerged overnight but will have silt and debris on them. Council work crews are currently checking them to remove debris. They should not be crossed until they have been cleared.
- Dungay Creek Road is open but there is water over the causeway approx. 0.2m deep
- Gladstone Street, West Kempsey railway underpass is closed (previously reported as open)
- Old Aerodrome Road is closed (no report)
- Euroka Road is closed (no report)
- Saleyards Road is closed
- Maria River Road is closed
There may be water over or adjacent to other roads - proceed with caution.
Macleay River levels
|Bellbrook Bridge||2.75m at 6:09am|
|Toorooka Bridge||3.02m at 6:06am|
|Turners Flat Bridge||3.16m at 5:00am|
|Sherwood Bridge||Gauge malfunctioning|
|Kempsey Traffic Bridge||1.99m at 5:45am|
|Smithtown||1.34m at 5:15am|
Residents and visitors are urged to remain cautious on the roads for localised impacts and not attempt to drive through floodwaters or cross flooded bridges.
Next report will be issued by 12 noon on 21 March 2017