Macleay Valley flood update #8
Media release - 5:25pm 20 March 2017
Armidale Road closed by landslip
Armidale Road is closed at Nook Creek Road until further notice. A significant landslip has blocked the road and there is a risk of further slippage. Work is underway to clear the road but it is not expected to reopen to traffic until late tomorrow (Tuesday). There is no alternative route.
Roads affected by flooding
- Bellbrook, Toorooka, Temagog, Turners Flat and Sherwood Bridges all remain closed. While they will emerge from inundation overnight they are expected to have silt and debris on them and should not be crossed until floodwater is clear of the deck and they have been cleared of debris.
- Dungay Creek causeway is closed but should reopen by morning
- Gladstone Street, West Kempsey railway underpass is closed
- Old Aerodrome Road is closed
- Euroka Road is closed
- Saleyards Road is closed
- Maria River Road is closed
There may be water over or adjacent to other roads - proceed with caution.
Macleay River levels
|Georges Creek||3.03m at 4:00pm||Falling|
|Bellbrook Bridge||3.29m at 5:14pm||Falling|
|Toorooka Bridge||3.83m at 5:12pm||Falling|
|Turners Flat Bridge||4.21m at 4:00pm||Falling|
|Sherwood Bridge||Gauge malfunctioning||Falling|
|Kempsey Traffic Bridge||3.17m at 4:00pm||Falling|
|Smithtown||2.02m at 4:15pm||Falling|
Residents and visitors are urged to remain cautious on the roads for localised impacts and not attempt to drive through floodwaters or cross flooded bridges.
Next report will be issued by 7:00am on 21 March 2017