- Is the the event to be held on private or public Land?
- Do you want to busk or hold a street stall?
- Do you want to book a sporting field for regular use?
- Do you want to book a sporting field for a one-off event?
- Do you want to hold an event on Council managed land?
- Do you want to hold a wedding on Council managed land (eg beach or park located with the Kempsey Shire)?
Private or public land?
Approval must be sought from Council to hold an event on public land or on land that is managed by Council. Any events that are held on private property do not require a Council booking. The customer is to contact the owner direct.
Busking and street stalls
Organisations or individuals can hold a street stall on public land as outlined under Council's Events Management policy. Customers must complete the Street stall and raffle ticket sales application form and contact Council to book a stall to avoid clashes with other organisations or individuals and to assure Council they hold a current public liability policy.
If you intend to busk more than 4 hours then you must contact Customer Services.
Call Customer Services to make a booking on 6566 3200.
Public liability insurance
A street stall cannot be set up on public land unless a copy of the organisation's or individual's current public liability policy is provided to Council.
No fees are applicable to those wanting to busk or hold a stall.
Busker: A singer or musician that performs in a public place for money.
- An information stand for a charitable or government organisation.
- A cake, produce or plant stall for a charitable organisation.
- A charitable organisation selling raffle tickets (includes pushing a wheelbarrow around town).
Street stalls can be booked in these locations throughout the Shire.
- Outside the newsagency
- Clyde Street Mall outside Action
- Clyde Street Mall outside Crazy Clarks
- Clyde Street Mall outside the Co-operative
- Corner Belgrave Street & Smith Street in front of the National Bank
- Smith Street in front of the St George Bank and the Commonwealth Bank
South West Rocks
- Prince of Wales Avenue in front of the National Bank.
- Marine Parade in front of Stuarts Point General Store opposite the tennis courts.
- Elbow Street in vicinity of West Kempsey Newsagency.
Street stall displays
A street stall display can be set up on the street as long as it does not interfere with or obstruct pedestrian access. A current booking must be made with Council before the display is set up.
Regular use - sporting fields
- Application for use of sports ground - season booking
- 3.8.5 - Occupancy of Council’s Outdoor Sporting Facility (to be developed)
- MPOL-20 Allocation of Sporting Fields (PDF - 81KB)
Council's fields can be hired for sporting activities that are undertaken on a regular basis, eg football or soccer competition. To do so Council's Application for use of sports ground season booking for must be completed and submitted for approval in accordance with Council's policy MPOL-20 Allocation of Sporting Fields.
Forms are to be directed to the Customer Services Centre.
If you are a regular user but wanting to book for a special event, eg gala day or sports carnival, please refer to bookings for one-off events.
One-off events - sporting fields
Bookings for one-off sporting events on Council's fields, reserves or parks can be made by completing the Application for use of sports ground - one-off booking form. Application does not guarantee approval for the event and should be forwarded to the Customer Service Centre.
The information will be assessed by the relevant department and if approval is granted arrangements can be made for additional bin hire, toilet use, lights, etc.
Fees applicable will be determined by the relative department and this information will be relayed to the applicant.
Events to be held on Council managed land
- Online Events Management Application form
- Events Management Application Form in pdf (279 KB)
- Procedure 1.2.2. - Events Management
Events in this category would include activities such as dog shows, cultural events, markets, CrocFest, etc.
To conduct an event on Council managed land Council's Events Management Application form and documentation must be completed and submitted for approval.
Council has developed an online application which assists you with the application process. There is a PDF version of the form available. We highly recommend using the online form as it customises the Events Management Application form to your event.
Application does not guarantee approval for the event and should be forwarded to the Customer Services Centre. Applications are assessed in accordance with Council's Events Management procedure.
The relevant department will assess the event and if approval is granted, arrangements can be made for additional bin hire, toilet use, lights, etc.
Applicants must allow up to 8 weeks for approval.
Fees applicable will be determined by the relevant department and this information will be relayed to the applicant.
Weddings held on Council managed land
Residents can hold wedding ceremonies on Council managed land, eg on a beach or in a park located with Kempsey Shire. To do so Council's Wedding Ceremony on Council Managed Land form must be completed and submitted for approval in accordance with Council's Events Management procedure.