Killick Creek Estuary
Killick Creek is a small estuary on the mid north coast of NSW connected to the ocean adjacent to the township of Crescent Head. Killick Creek is the principal natural waterway through the township and consequently is used by residents for a variety of recreational activities. Located immediately adjacent to the southern foreshore of Killick Creek is the Crescent Head Caravan Park.
During the holiday season (early October to late April), the caravan park and other holiday accommodation within the town attracts a large number of tourists to Crescent Head, who also utilise Killick Creek, especially swimming within the entrance channel.
An Estuary Management Plan for Killick Creek has prepared on behalf of Kempsey Shire Council and the Department of Natural Resources (DNR), to fulfil the requirements of the NSW Estuary Management Policy (1992) and the NSW Coastal Policy (1997). The Plan will provide a program of strategic actions to assist government authorities and other stakeholder groups to sustain a healthy estuary through appropriate waterway, foreshore and catchment management. The Plan presents an integrated suite of management strategies, giving due consideration to the complex interactions between many estuarine processes and functions.
The Killick Creek Estuary Management Plan is designed to provide clear direction regarding responsibilities for actions, which will help achieve the overall goal of a sustainable waterway. The Plan also provides information on who will be responsible for implementation of these actions and how they can be funded. The Plan is designed to be a dynamic document. That is, as the needs or conditions of the estuary change in the future, the options and strategies being implemented as part of this Plan can be adjusted to suit through an on-going review process.
Management Plan and related documents
- Process Study - Consultant's Brief (PDF - 139 KB)
- Killick Creek Process Study Part 1 (Ch 1-2) (PDF - 2.4 MB)
- Killick Creek Process Study Part 2 (Ch 3-5) (PDF - 2.5 MB)
- Killick Creek Process Study Part 3 (Ch 6-7) (PDF - 2 MB)
- Management Plan - Consultant's Brief (PDF - 236 KB)
Killick Creek Management Plan - Strategy "G"
Killick Creek Management Plan - Strategy "H"
- Consultant's Brief - Killick Creek Management Plan - Strategy "H" (PDF - 799 KB)
- Environmental Investigation & Assessment of Strategy "H" Part 1 (PDF - 753 KB)
- Environmental Investigation & Assessment of Strategy "H" Part 2 (PDF - 1.2 MB)
- Environmental Investigation & Assessment of Strategy "H" Part 3 (PDF - 3.3 MB)
- Environmental Investigation & Assessment of Strategy "H" Part 4 (PDF - 2.2 MB)
- Environmental Investigation & Assessment of Strategy "H" Part 5 (PDF - 600 KB)
Killick Creek Estuary Management Plan (Final)
- Introduction (PDF - 1.1 MB)
- Chapter 1 (PDF - 519 KB)
- Chapter 2 (PDF - 543 KB)
- Chapter 3 (PDF - 117 KB)
- Chapter 4 (PDF - 650 KB)
- Chapter 5 (PDF - 67 KB)
- Chapter 6 (PDF - 2.1 MB)
- Chapter 7 (PDF - 269 KB)
- Chapter 8 (PDF - 18K B)
- Appendix A (PDF - 554 KB)
- Appendix B (PDF - 543 KB)
- Appendix C (PDF - 127 KB)
- Appendix D (PDF - 1 MB)
- Appendix E (PDF - 31 KB)