Development Contributions Plans
Procedures 1.1.2 & 1.1.7
Section 94 of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 allows Council to collect contributions from the development of land in order to help meet the additional demand for community and open space facilities generated by that development.
It is a policy of Council that identifies the needs of the anticipated development for public services and amenities, how much these facilities will cost and how they will be funded. Generally S.94 plans identify development as being the major funding source for these facilities.
Similar contributions for water and sewer services are collected under section 64 of the Local Government Act. In 1987, the Water and Sewerage component of S.94 was removed and legislation introduced in the Local Government Act (LGA) under S.64 for the provision of Water and Sewer contributions. The Local Government Act refers to the requirements of the Water Management Act 2000.
Section 94 contribution plans
- Local Roads and Traffic Infrastructure Developer Contribution Plan (2009) (PDF - 1.8 MB)
- Section 94 Contribution Plan – Project Administration (PDF - 76 KB)
- South West Rocks Section 94 Contributions Plan (2008) (PDF - 599 KB)
- South West Rocks Section 94A Contributions Plan (2007) (PDF - 329 KB)
- Kempsey Town Centre Public Domain Section 94 Developer Contribution Plan (2010) (PDF - 1.1 MB)
- Section 94 Contributions Plan for Outdoor Recreation (2001) (PDF - 209 KB)
- Section 94 Contributions Plan for Stormwater Drainage – only applicable at Fishermans Reach and part CBD (PDF - 1.25 MB)
- Section 94 Contributions Plan for Off-Street Carparking – only applicable at Stuarts Point and Crescent Head (PDF - 581 KB)