T6-16-444 Pilot Training Facility, Kempsey Airport, Aldavilla
Development application number
Description of the land on which the proposed development is to be carried out
Lot 1 DP1144474, Airport Road, Aldavilla.
Name of the applicant
Australian International Aviation College (AIAC).
Name of the consent authority
Northern Joint Regional Planning Panel
Description of the proposed development
Construction and operation of a pilot training facility at the Kempsey Airport with the capacity to accommodate up to 250 students at any one time.
The proposed development comprises the following:
- six (6) lecture rooms each able to cater for up to 30 students;
- one (1) exam room catering for up to 10 students;
- recreation room;
- student library;
- two (2) dining rooms;
- instruction room;
- planning, despatch and de-briefing areas;
- one (1) temporary hangar;
- three (3) maintenance hangars;
- aircraft parking, taxi lanes and clear zones;
- ground handling, maintenance and attendant training area;
- associated amenities, storerooms, offices and cleaner facilities; and
- total of 110 car parking spaces.
The application and documents may be inspected by the public
The development application and the documents accompanying the application may be inspected at Kempsey Shire Council’s Customer Services (located at 22 Tozer Street, West Kempsey) during normal business hours between 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- Statement of Environmental Effects (PDF - 93 KB)
- Plans (PDF - 2.7 MB)
- Noise Assessment (PDF - 3.7 MB)
- Traffic Assessment (PDF - 7.5 KB)
- Applicant's response to submissions (PDF - 229 KB)
Northern Joint Regional Planning Panel meeting details
When: Wednesday, 15 March 2017 at 2pm
Where: Kempsey Shire Council Chambers, 22 Tozer Street, West Kempsey
The assessment report will be available via the Joint Regional Planning Panels website www.panels.nsw.gov.au at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
Registering to speak at the Joint Regional Planning panel meeting
To register to speak at the meeting, please contact the Planning Panels Secretariat before 4pm on Monday, 13 March 2017 on (02) 8217 2060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any person may attend the meeting to observe.
For further information please contact Kempsey Shire Council on (02) 6566 3200