Councillor Bruce Morris
Elected to Council September 2012
Resident of Euroka
Phone: 6562 7495
Mobile: 0427 952 068
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) Hons
Diploma of Personnel and Resource Management
- Legatee with Kempsey Region of the Mid North Coast Division of Sydney Legacy
- Volunteer with Kempsey Unit of NSW SES
- Member of the Consultative Committee for Catholic Care for the Aged
How long in the shire?
Bruce moved to the Macleay Valley in December 2007, although he and his family have been regular visitors to the Macleay Valley since the early 1980’s.
Bruce is married to Maureen. They have three adult children and three grandchildren.
- Kempsey Shire Council – Director Shire Services
- Forbes Shire Council – Director Technical Services
- Narromine Shire Council – Director Engineering Services
- Cessnock City Council – Manager Construction and Manager Business Units
- Australian Army – Engineering Officer for 24 years with a number of positions in various locations in Australia and a two year posting to PNG
- Chair - Bush Fire Management Committee
- RFS Zone Liaison Committee
- Natural Resources Working Group
- North East Zone Public Libraries NSW Committee
- Mid North Coast Regional Weeds Advisory Committee
- Floodplain Management Committee
Quote about Our Future (Macleay)
"The completion of the Kempsey Bypass and how we, as a community adapt to this change, will be pivotal for the future of Natures Wonderland. It is critical that Council supports the entire Macleay Valley community during this period of change, realising the many opportunities that are offered by our unique location and diverse environment."