Frequently asked questions
Rates and Charges Single Notice
- If I am not connected to Council’s potable water supply will this change affect me?
- No, you will just see a new look Rates and Charges Notice.
- What is the change?
- From July 2015, Council will merge your Rates Notice and Water Account onto one new account. This account will be known as your Rates and Charges Notice.
- What are the benefits of this change?
- There are several benefits both for you as the customer and Council. Some of these benefits include:
- Single bill
- Easier management of your accounts
- Reduced printing and postage costs
- Simplify your payment arrangement
- One location for all account enquiries
- When are the Rates and Charges Notice due?
- You can pay your account in full by the due date 31 August
When paying by instalments due dates are:
Customers will receive their water usage accounts quarterly, for those ratepayers paying their rates by instalments, the account will be incorporated with your rate instalment reminder.
- 31 August
- 30 November
- 28 February
- 31 May
The water usage account is a thirty day account, payment of your water usage will align with the instalment due dates set out above.
- Why is my Rates and Charges Notice higher than usual?
- You will see an increase in the total quarterly amount payable due to the combination of the rates and water charges on a single account and the alignment of the due dates for the accounts.
- When is my water meter read?
- In most circumstances your water meter will be read in September, December, March and June.
- I am an eligible Pensioner and entitled to a Pension Rebate. What do I need to do?
- If you are an eligible pensioner your rebate will be shown on your Rates and Charges Notice when you receive the account in July, so you don’t need to do anything. If you are an eligible Pensioner and your new Rates and Charges Notice does not show a Pension Rebate then you need to attend Council’s Customer Service Centre in Tozer Street, West Kempsey to complete necessary documents, please remember to bring your Pension Concession Card with you.
- As an eligible Pensioner, when can I pay my Rates, Waste and Access Charges?
- Pensioners have until 31 May to pay their account and not incur interest charges.
Water usage accounts remain as a 30 day account.
- What if I am having difficulties paying my Rates and Charges Notice on time?
- Please contact Council on 02 6566 3200 or email@example.com to discuss payment options.
Some payment arrangement options include:
- Scheduled Payment Plans (Arrangements)
- Centrepay Deductions
- Direct Debits - Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly basis
- Can I receive my Rates and Charges Notice via email?
- Your Notice can be emailed to you. All you need to do is complete the Application Form.
- Can I have my managing agent receive the Rates and Charges Notice?
- Yes, all you need to do is complete the Change of Address Form to nominate your agent.