Community Development Officer - Aboriginal
This position was previously known as the Aboriginal Liaison Officer (first established in 1997). Later the title changed to Community Development Officer - Aboriginal.
The position was auspiced by Kempsey Shire Council and funded through the Department of Community Services (Community Services Grant Program). The hours worked were 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Tuesday to Thursday.
Some of the Aboriginal Development Officer's responsibilities included:
- Providing community information or education to raise awareness
- Building and maintaining community service system networks
- Planning, developing and supporting new and existing community events
- Advocating on community issues
- Undertaking research and inclusive local needs
- Undertaking strategies to improve access to other services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
If you have any enquiries please contact Community Engagement on 02 6566 3200